After all, the intention of the blog is to act as a fulcrum to debate.
As always, though, and entirely consistent with legacy media editorial policies, there are rules of engagement:
- All comments are vetted before publication, just as are letters to the editor in any newspaper.
- Comments must be on topic.
- Anonymous comments are discouraged. If you don't have a Google account, put your name and email address inside your comment.
- The editor has the discretion not to publish comments if they contain abuse, stereotyping, aggression, personal attacks or are overly long or repetitious.
- Hobbyhorses and obsessions are discouraged. Make your point and move on.
- If you disagree with non-publication of your comment, no correspondence will be entered in to. My blog, my discretion. That's what editors do.